I came across this blog post by Eric Law and thought I’d share the info here. I just configured Fiddler on my computer and the tool worked beautifully!
Fiddler and the Windows Phone 7 Emulator
- Install Fiddler 220.127.116.11.
- Start Fiddler.
- Click Tools > Fiddler Options.
- Open the Connections tab and tick the Allow remote computers to connect box
- Click OK to close the Fiddler Options dialog.
- In the QuickExec box under the session list, type prefs set fiddler.network.proxy.registrationhostname HostName where HostName is the name of your desktop computer.
- Close and restart Fiddler.
- Start (or restart) the Windows Phone 7 Emulator.
- Open Internet Explorer on the Emulator.
- Observe, your traffic shows in Fiddler.