I am happy to announce new community driven CodePlex project called Office App Model Samples (AMS). This is a CodePlex project and has been created to share different community created CAM or SP App scenarios for the benefit of the community. They should be considered samples! This package is released by a group of volunteers who are committed to continue further expanding this sample package in the future. I wanted to thank Vesa Juvonen and Bert Jansen for giving me the opportunity to participate in this exciting and wonderful project!
Where is this material release?
Material is released in specific Office AMS CodePlex site in address http://officeams.codeplex.com. We will continue updating this package with additional scenarios and examples based on the feedback from the community. Your input is extremely important for us to understand what kind of scenarios should be included.
Quick list of included scenarios
There are quite a few different scenarios included in the package. These include SP hosted and provider hosted examples, which demonstrates the power of Cloud App Model or the SP App patterns in general.
- Cloud based site collection provisioning
- Creating site collections remotely using SP Apps in on-premises
- Provision and integrate Yammer group into site provisioning
- Manage and update theme settings in host web
- Changing host web rendering with custom CSS
- Site policy management with CSOM
- Wiki page manipulation using CSOM
- Site collection enumeration
- Setting up Apps to Windows Azure with specific roles
- People picker implementation for provider hosted app
- Taxonomy picker implementation for provider hosted app
- Uploading of large files to SharePoint
- Deploy branding to personal SkyDrive Pro sites automatically
- Automate any SharePoint site and site collection settings using browser mimic pattern
- Connect to and manipulate Office365 sites using console application
- Provide custom template pattern for sub site creation
- Manipulation of user profile properties remotely
- Build sync of user profile properties in cloud
- Mass deployment of branding elements from console app
- Hybrid self-service site collection provisioning – one UI for cloud and on-prem
- Synchronization of user profile pictures from on-prem to SharePoint Online
- Dynamic permission handling
- Remote event receivers from host web
What do I need?
Many of the examples scenarios assumes that you have following packages installed on your computer to get started. Most of them work directly against your Office365 tenant.
- Visual Studio 2013
- Windows Azure SDK 2.2
- SharePoint Server 2013 Client Components SDK
- SharePoint Online Management Shell – some of the examples uses tenant admin dll, which is included in this package
- (Optional) Windows Azure Account - Some samples leverage Windows Azure Cloud Services. You can get a 90 day trial for free!
- (Optional) Office 365 Development Account