My name is Justin Harrison and I worked with Alex Moskwa to get SuperPreview for Internet Explorer ready for this release. You can find me on Twitter as @JustinHar.
Today we announced public availability of SuperPreview for Internet Explorer. Since this morning a number of frequently asked questions and issues have emerged and now seems like a good time to address them!
1. I only see Internet Explorer 8 in SuperPreview - I thought SuperPreview includes Internet Explorer 6.
Internet Explorer 6 is not available on Windows 7. This is a known issue that will be addressed in later releases.
2. How do I get Firefox and Safari to show up in SuperPreview?
Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer only supports Internet Explorer. Expression Web 3 includes SuperPreview with support for Firefox and Internet Explorer. Safari for the Mac will be supported with our cloud service to be made available sometime after Expression Web 3 is released.
3. Is there any more information available about the SuperPreview cloud service?
The cloud service will be made available sometime after Expression Web 3 is released. The cloud service will support Safari for the Mac. At this time we have not announced our plans for other browsers and platforms on the cloud service.
4. Are there any plans to support other browsers such as Opera, Chrome, or Safari for Windows?
At this time we have not announced our plans for supporting for browsers other than Firefox, Safari for the Mac (with our cloud service), and Internet Explorer.
5. The error message "Insufficient memory to continue execution of the program." displays while analyzing a page.
This is a known issue. See the Expression Web Forum for a workaround.
6. SuperPreview for Internet Explorer crashes when I start it.
This is a known issue that has to do with running SuperPreview in VMware Fusion. See the Expression Web Forum for a workaround.
7. I am encountering a bug or have feedback about SuperPreview.
Click on the bug icon in SuperPreview and follow the on screen instructions to submit a feedback report.
There are a number of documented, known issues in this beta release of Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer. Known issues are problems that we plan to address in later releases.
Filters/Behaviors in Internet Explorer 6 do not work properly. This impacts most IE6 PNG transparency workarounds.
SuperPreview does not support sites that require authentication.
Mouse over highlight of DOM elements may not work properly.
SuperPreview may have trouble analyzing very long pages.
For the complete list, click here.
The Expression Web team takes customer feedback very seriously. If you have any suggestions for SuperPreview or if you are encountering any issues, please use the feedback button in SuperPreview.