The free trial version of Expression Web 2 is described as a "30 day" free trial on the FAQ for Expression Web 2 and in one of the screens that appears during installation of the program. In theory, after 30 days have passed the program should not start unless you enter a product key that you’ve purchased.
In reality, the trial period ends and the trial program stops running at the end of the month that follows the month you installed the program. This means that if you download and install Expression Web 2 on July 1, 2008, the program won’t expire until August 31, 2008, or 62 days later. If you install the program on July 31st, the program will also expire August 31…giving you only 32 days with the program. So if you want to get the most out of your free trial period, download the program at the start of the month!
After the trial version of Expression Web 2 expires, don’t forget that you can get the upgrade version for only $99 if you own any one of the following:
- Licensed copy of an earlier version of Expression Web
- Microsoft Office – any version
- Microsoft FrontPage® – any version
- Quark QuarkXPress – any version
- Adobe Creative Suite – any version
- Adobe/Macromedia Flash or Director – any version
- Adobe/Macromedia Dreamweaver – any version
- Adobe GoLive – any version