It is said that the month of April comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. How was yours? When it comes to Xbox LIVE Indie Games and XNA Creators Club Online I like to think we are always lions, but thankfully websites don’t often suffer from inclement weather.
As ever, the CCC is back this week with another collection of rad XNA Framework-related goodness! This week we offer a collection of things that have kept our beloved XNA Creators Club MVPs busy:
- Over on the incredibly helpful and active Sgt. Conker website Charles Humphrey hosts an article on Sun and Lens Flare as a Post Process in XNA Game Studio 3.1.
- George Clingerman used our own Nick Gravelyn’s exception handling to help him create a sample demonstrating exception handling and reporting in your XBLIG on his blog!
- Glenn Wilson took the time to convert the Game State and Network State Samples to run under the XNA Game Studio 4.0 system and shares them with you.
- Catalin Zima loved Bioware’s epic space RPG Mass Effect so much he wrote a “Mass Effect-style” Dialogue Sample you can use for your XBLIG.
- Joel Martinez shared his presentation from the Orlando CodeCamp 2010 on “How to Finish a Game with XNA Game Studio”.
- Vicente Cartas translated and updated a post on Developing a Flexible RPG Library in .NET 4.0 based on the d20 system.
- Chris G Williams hosted the second Twin Cities Fragathon to raise money for the Second Harvest Food Bank with his very active Twin Cities XNA Framework User Group.
- Pieter Germishuys shared his opinions and an overview of Visual Studio 2010 on his blog.
This is all in addition to their full-time jobs, family, sleeping and eating! Let’s all give it up for all of our amazing XNA and Direct X MVPs!
XNA Community Manager