By now you might’ve read that in anticipation of everything awesome that is happening on Xbox LIVE later this year (including Community Games) Xbox LIVE will be offline for maintenance on Monday, September 29 to tidy up properly. Don’t worry! It is only for 24 hours.
Creators should be aware that during this time:
- Creators will not be able to deploy or debug games on the Xbox 360
- Creators will not be able to peer review games in the Community Beta
- Creators will not be able to launch and/or run Community Beta games on their consoles
- Creators will not be able to submit their games to Creators Club
- Creators Club Online (creators.xna.com) will be offline during this time, including the forums and educational sites
During this time we’re also having to say goodbye to the Community Games beta.
This means that after September 29th you will not be able to submit games through the Creators Club website until the launch of XNA Game Studio 3.0.
Games already in the catalog can still be found on the Creators Club Marketplace, but no new submissions will be permitted.
You’ll still be able to share your game files manually and launch them on your console using the Games Library XNA Creator Club twist.
After September 29 some parts of Creators Club related to peer review and submission will be closed for renovations. However, we’ll still be there. The forums will still be live and you’ll even see some new content coming along shortly.
So, that will leave you about 24 hours where you won’t get to do anything with Creators Club games on your console. Don’t worry, once Xbox LIVE returns so will all of your Creators mojo.
This news might leave you with an unexpected amount of free time. We respectfully suggest a few things to help you pass these idle hours:
- Defragment your hard drive
- Clean your keyboard, mouse, phone, and controllers
- Teach your dog C#
- Bake cookies
- Learn Spanish
- Make a really cool drawing of a unicorn for Kathleen
XNA Community Manager