XNA Game Studio Express Has Been Released!

Michael Klucher
Program Manager – XNA Game Studio

It’s a bit early in the morning for all of us, but we wanted to be one of the first to tell you that XNA Game Studio Express has been released!

To download the released product for Windows, head over to: http://msdn.com/xna/gse/. You can now also purchase a subscription to the XNA Creators Club from the Xbox Live Marketplace on your Xbox 360 console if you have an active silver or gold Xbox Live subscription.

Before you purchase a subscription to the XNA Creators Club please take the time to go over the PC and Xbox 360 console requirements in the readme. Once you’ve done that here’s how to get it:

1. On the Xbox Live blade, go to “Xbox Live Marketplace”
  2. Select “Games” and then “All Game Downloads”
  3. Scroll down the list to find the “XNA Creators Club”
  4. Here you’ll be able to go under Memberships to purchase a 4-Mo membership for $49.00 or an Annual (12-mo) membership $99.00. The prices used here reflect the subscription rates for the United States and pricing may differ for your local region or country if outside the USA.
  5. You’ll also need to download the XNA Game Launcher from the same area. Having done so, you will find a new XNA Game Launcher program on your Games blade under Demos and More.

Once you’re up and running, please refer to the XNA Documentation to get connected to your Xbox 360 and start creating games. If you run into trouble or can’t get connected, please head over to the XNA Game Studio Express forum and ask your questions.

We’d also like to thank all of you for taking the time to download our betas and give us some great feedback. Many decisions that took place on the final product were based on the feedback that we got from you all. Thank you and we hope that you continue to enjoy using XNA Game Studio Express.

1. clingermangw says:

I just wanted to say nice job and congratulations to the XNA Team on the release of GSE 1.0!

I’m hoping to meet a bunch of you when I make the trek up from Portland, OR today for you little shindig.

2. Jag gick omkring hela förra veckan och sa på tisdag, på tisdag, på tisdag men idag är det bara måndag

3. JohanLindfors says:

Congratulations to this extraordinary technology and product. I know that me and many others in Sweden have been waiting a long time (since the announcment I guess) for this release. Great work team!

Johan Lindfors

Microsoft Sweden

4. Now we know there’s a launch party going on over at Microsoft campus, Redmond. Does that mean we’ll get

5. jsedlak says:

Congratulations guys! I hope to meet you guys someday! Keep up the good work!

6. JoelMartinez says:

Now comes the post-launch support blitz 😉  but seriously … congratulations to all 🙂

7. You will find tons of new information at the XNA Developer Center . I've been busting my ass for

8. Anonymous says:

Congratulations! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

9. Congratulations to the XNA team for getting XNA Game Studio Express out the door! You can Download Game

10. After months of testing Microsoft’s freely available game development product has gone gold according

11. A while ago I’d found a really cool tool in beta – XNA Studio Express but for various reasons despite

12. Today, we officially released Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express, and we launched the XNA Creators Club. …

13. You’ve been kicked (a good thing) – Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

14. JoeN's Blog says:

Relatively old news (well 12 hours to be exact) but we shipped the first version of XNA Game Studio Express

15. This is great news. I am looking forward to playing with it. To download the released product for Windows,

16. game dev: xna game studio express released

17. Rob Caron says:

XNA Game Studio Express 1.0 Released on Monday. There was much rejoicing. The XNA team is proud to announce

18. Vista has launched here in Ireland, and I’m long overdue for writing about that (soon, soon)… but what

19. Yes, it seems that everything that gets added to the Xbox Live Marketplace doesn’t show up on my xbox

20. "Oh, man, I *so* want to write a game that runs on my Xbox 360 !" – Well, now you can (XNA Game Studio

21. The 1.0 release of XNA Game Studio Express and the XNA Framework are now available for download. This release is likely to provide a big step towards the democratization of games development – by allowing students and hobbyists everywhere to easily build

22. I see in the XNA blog that the version 1.0 version of XNA Game Studio Express has now been released.

23. The holidays are upon us; I’ll be full of eggnog soon! So who is having the best week ever? Me! I hosted

24. ChewyTest says:

Need I say more? Check out the official announcement on the XNA Team’s Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/archive/2006/12/11/xna-game-studio-express-has-been-released.asp

25. Okay it’s been a while since I blogged on my personal blog. So I present to you my "wrap-up" post for

26. Michael Klucher Program Manager – XNA Game Studio If you share your Xbox 360 with your children at home,

27. Effexor xr 37.5. Effexor xr. How long till effexor xr starts to work. Can u feel effexor xr work aftera few days. Effexor xr and diabetis.

28. Okay it’s been a while since I blogged on my personal blog. So I present to you my "wrap-up" post for the last two weeks, sorry that it’s compressed and bounces around but time flew by too quickly to keep up! We released XNA Game Studio Express!