The day has come! You can download XNA Game Studio Express (Beta) from the following location on the XNA Developer Center http://msdn.com/directx/xna/gse.
One reason we release beta software is to put it in the hands of the community and start getting feedback on what we’ll be releasing. How you give feedback depends on the type of feedback you have.
We hope many of you have already joined the XNA Beta Program through the Microsoft Connect Web site http://connect.microsoft.com. If you haven’t signed up at the Microsoft Connect Site, it couldn’t be easier.
- Sign in using your Windows Live ID or Passport account (if you haven’t already).
- Click Available Connections.
- Scroll down. In the table that lists the various programs available, select XNA Game Studio Express Beta 1, and then click Apply.
- After filling out the short survey, you will be enrolled automatically.
- Bugs: Problems that you encounter while using the product due to an error in XNA Game Studio Express.
- Feature Suggestions: Features that you would like to see in the product or functionality that’s missing that you believe should exist.
- XNA Framework Bug
- XNA Framework Suggestion
- XNA Game Studio Express Bug
- XNA Game Studio Express Suggestion
Before you submit a bug or feature request, we ask that you search for it first. This helps reduce the amount of duplicate bugs we receive. If you find a duplicate, you can “vote” to make a bug or suggestion more visible to the team. This shows that multiple people have the same issue or suggestion.
While we can’t guarantee that we’ll reply personally to every bug or suggestion, we can guarantee that we’ll properly review every bug entered.
To get help and to get your questions answered about the XNA Framework or XNA Game Studio Express, please visit our forums. For help deciding which forum is the best place for your question, you can use the guidelines outlined above.
I can’t stress enough how important your feedback is for our beta. It guides us in the right direction and highlights problems you want to see fixed. This product is yours—help us make it the best it can be.
Program Manager – XNA Game Studio