Gamer Spotlight – trixie360 interviews Epoch Apostle

This Indiana gamer is an illustrator and a musician. Check out Epoch Apostle’s band The Energy Commission, and his awesome (but not for kids or the easily offended) music video about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s effect on the love life.

trixie360: What’s the story behind your gamertag?

Epoch Apostle

Epoch Apostle: I met my best friend in Art school and we formed a Hip Hop group called Double Dragon about 11 years ago. In Hip Hop you have to have a stage name or 20 – this particular one suggests I’m a dood who’s gonna rap with you about the coming shift in humanity. You know 2012 type of change.

trixie360: Where do you live?

Epoch Apostle: Valparaiso, IN. It’s about 50 miles outside of Chicago so we call it "Chicagoland". I think people collectively agreed to call it that so they didn’t feel like hicks.

trixie360: What do you do when you’re not playing games?

Epoch Apostle: I write, record, and perform music. I also have a degree in illustration so I spend a lot of time drawing, painting and doing design work. I’m not very web savvy but being DIY means I have to do all the websites too. So we’ve started up a small record label and art/publishing house.

My band’s site is http://www.theEnergyCommission.com
Our label’s site http://www.persistencerecords.com
My art portfolio can be found at http://www.intimateartistry.com

trixie360: What’s the worst or weirdest job you’ve ever had?

Epoch Apostle: I worked at this miniature golf place that had a driving range. I would have to go out in the field and fetch golf balls in this little pale.  Many of them would be sunk deep into mud so I had to wedge them out with a putter.

trixie360: How long have you been on Xbox LIVE?

Epoch Apostle: Since Halo 2!

trixie360: Do you have an arch enemy on Xbox LIVE, and if so, who?

Epoch Apostle: Yes and his name is Bling Crosby. Hey Bling… "I’m comin’ for youuuuuuuu!"

trixie360: What’s your Xbox set-up like?

Epoch Apostle: Westinghouse 42 LCD – Samsung 5.1 Surround.

trixie360: What’s the best feature of Xbox LIVE?

Epoch Apostle: Communication! It’s so seamlessly integrated into every facet, from friends being available to chat at any time to Facebook and Twitter.

trixie360: What is your favorite multiplayer Xbox game?

Epoch Apostle: Modern Warfare 2 of course! Everyone needs to check out my awesome music video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKW6FJ-Fko . It details my obsession for the game and how it can ruin a relationship.

trixie360: What is your favorite single player Xbox game?

Epoch Apostle: GTA IV – with high hopes of Red Dead Redemption taking its place.

trixie360: What is your favorite Xbox LIVE Arcade game?

Epoch Apostle: Marble Blast Ultra

trixie360: What do you think is the best game of all time?

Epoch Apostle: GTA San Andreas

trixie360: What do you think is the best film of all time?

Epoch Apostle: Donnie Brasco

trixie360: What do you think is the best comic book of all time?

Epoch Apostle: V for Vendetta  (a graphic novel I know)

trixie360: What do you think is the best album of all time?

Epoch Apostle: Tea for the Tillerman – Cat Stevens

trixie360: Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Epoch Apostle: Rock Band

trixie360: What is your greatest Xbox LIVE moment?

Epoch Apostle: Going 22 – 0 in a team deathmatch on MW2

trixie360: What’s your favorite TV show?

Epoch Apostle: Curb Your Enthusiasm

trixie360: Who is your inner rock star?

Epoch Apostle: I can only answer – me!

trixie360: If they made a movie about your life, who should play you?

Epoch Apostle: I’d say Al Pacino about 25 years ago but if it had to be someone now I’d say Johnny Depp

trixie360: Ah the Scerpico-era Pacino! What’s your karaoke song?

Epoch Apostle: I can’t bring myself to karaoke – I know I’m no fun…

trixie360: Favorite cartoon character?

Epoch Apostle: Gizmo Duck

trixie360: Favorite movie quote?

Epoch Apostle: "Get a pair a pants. This ain’t a rodeo. Dress like I dress." Lefty from Donnie Brasco

trixie360: If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be?

Epoch Apostle: The judge that sentenced Lil Wayne to jail so I could put him away longer.

trixie360: What celebrity would be the worst roommate?

Epoch Apostle: Lil Wayne – 1) I’d be in jail 2) I’d have to listen to his pathetic excuse of what he thinks is "Hip Hop"

trixie360: Oh snap. How many people are on your Friends List?

Epoch Apostle: 49

trixie360: Who’s your favorite Superhero?

Epoch Apostle: The Punisher

trixie360: Hot celeb you’d like to be stranded on a desert island with?

Epoch Apostle: Pink

trixie360: Edgy, I like it. If you could be any video game character, who would it be?

Epoch Apostle: My wizard from Oblivion

trixie360: What’s the worst food you’ve ever eaten?

Epoch Apostle: Blue Cheese

trixie360: What’s the first video game you ever played?

Epoch Apostle: Boxing – Atari 2600

trixie360: What’s the last book you read?

Epoch Apostle: The Undiscovered Self – C. G. Jung

trixie360: Complete this sentence: “People of Earth, ….”

Epoch Apostle: Clean this place up!

trixie360: If you could go on tour with any band –past or present– which would it be?

Epoch Apostle: The Energy Commission – we are planning our first mini-tour late summer. Can’t wait!

trixie360: What do you predict will be the ‘next big thing’ in gaming?

Epoch Apostle: Natal

trixie360: What do you think is the best thing about the Xbox 360?

Epoch Apostle: Multi-media powerhouse! Lastfm, Netflix, and Games!

trixie360: What is the Xbox 360 Achievement that was hardest to get?

Epoch Apostle: Mile High Club – COD4

trixie360: What would you like to be doing in ten years?

Epoch Apostle: Moving the masses with my music and art. Making enough money to pour into humanitarian efforts. Finish my first book and have a screenplay filmed that I’d act in. Last but not least, I hope to be involved in producing a videogame that would bend even Charlie Kaufman’s mind. I better get back to work!

1. Ben Dover says:

First Of All Your A Fag For Hating On Lil Wayne. Second Of All Your A Adult Who Plays X-BOX, So Thats Pretty Weird. Oh Your Music Video And Band SUCK! Oh I Almost Forgot 22-0 Sucks. So You Should Just Like **** ******** **** ***** **** ******** ** ***!!!

2. Vandal Virus says:

awesome, this guy has a pretty cool style =)

3. Some Dude says:

Yo People Chill With The Hate Msg You Dont Have To Like The Guy Just Walk Away People r Who They r And Never Thought There Was An Age Limit To Play Most Adults Can Kick Ass Young Age Means Jack He Prob Kick Your Ass

4. Wayne Holmes says:

Hey awesome interview Epoch and Trixie. As a New Orleans resident that is not a big Lil Wayne fan and Hip Hop fan , you rock Epoch.

5. DaRED says:

toward Ben Dover, dude Lil Wayne does suck, nothing is wrong with adults playing xbox, it is a major form of entertainment now a days, and you have probably never went 22-0 in MW2 so quit trying to make yourself look cool it doesn’t work.

6. Mike says:

hey i love lil wayne but im not going to say that you suck cause you dont think so. people are intitled to a opinion.

7. gjuniorX says:

Dudes aces in my book,considering by young peoples standards im a old fart being 41 & i still play video games,own both xbox and xbox 360 & he says Punisher is coolest hero,mine to & oh yeah i hate rap & hip hop,but that dont mean jack cause everyone has there own taste in music,movies,reading,food and games or this would be one damned boring world,would it not?? Keep coming with the awsome spotlights Trixie360!!

8. Ryo Phsycho 826 says:

MEET ME ON LIVE! GT Ryo Phsycho 826 my fav. games r MW2, COD4, HALO 3, DATS IT CYA PPLS IM OUT!!!!!!

9. Cody says:

"Ben dover".   You do realize that the majority of the gamer market is "adult" 18+ right?  And he’s not a fag for sayin’ Lil Wayne sucks.  That just means he has pubes you stupid tween.

10. rastaman20 says:

dude  i havent listened to ur music but true i would do saame i would put lil wayne away for longer lol  and i hate him  he SUCKS!!!!!!  but kudos to u man lol

11. oT says:

good interview gotta agree with lil wayne’s music!! its terrible!! to the guy hating sorry man but your mad wrong!! adults are the majority of gamers right now!! average age is 20 someting to 30!! also em ripped wayne apart on his on track!! and that just shows a lyricts vs. a commerical artist!! but that is a whole story on its on!!

12. J DoG aLLeN says:

What’s up Jay? Awesome interview with Trixie!!! I especially loved the part where you threw the shout-out to Dave with the famous "I’m comin’ for youuuuuuuuu" quote….LMAO!!  Too Cool…….

13. J DoG aLLeN says:

14. Karin says:

People Why the Hate? Or should I say person cause it seems to be one. Anyway I am a 50. Yes I wrote it.. A 50 year old game player myself. Whats the big deal with age? As long as you know your responsibilities and what comes first. I’m proud of you. Way to go. Keep playing. I know I will. Heck my husband always has clean undies and dinner etc… Have a good one! Karin

15. Hey thanks for all the negative and positive feedback! Yeah Jason – I’m coming for youuuuuuuuuuuu soon too. Cody and all the others keep on lettin em know we’re the foundation of the gaming community – us "old timers". HAHA. Check out the blog on The Energy Commission site where I can respond better. My xbox messages are full as is my friends list now. Yikes.

16. lilwizzle92 says:

Ben Dover i know a lot of adults who play games consoles, they originated when they were kids why can’t they play them now. Also isn’t MW2  an 18 so therefore you have to be an adult to play it, if anyone is allowed to comment on MW2  its adults so shut your trap, go back to school and suck lil wayne’s dick.

17. MThats awesome like your music best of all that gas song….I also love Modern warfare 2…..the single player is awesome the mutiplayer is awesome…..my gamertag is Davidguitar15 and I also like that music video about MW2 is cool…

18. My last comment didn’t make since so I will try again…..I really like your music Epoch Apostle…..cool mix of Rap and rock….Mw2 is cool also…..The music video you made of Mw2 is awesome….My gamertag is Davidguitar15 and I like to game……I really like your music video about gas prices…..

19. James says:

BEN you have  no right talking trash I think lil wayne NEEDS TO STAY IN JAIL WITH HIS FAKE HIP HOP HES A POSER AND DOSNT NEED TO SING. pLUS THIS GUY YOUR CALLING A FAG IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU HE HAS A LIFE LOOK AT YOU. YOU didnt say any thing worth why you piece of scum i hope you rot with LIL WAYNE AND HIS HORRIBLE MUSIC.

20. Ben Dover says:

Lilwizzle92 anyone who listens to the game age restrictions are retarded because that means they have to get there mommy or daddy to come into the store like little pussys and i effing love eminem but wayne also has skill and he deserves his respect and if a adult plays xbox it is like saying "hey kids come in my backseat i have candy and toys and puppies"