We’ll be talking about 3 great new topics. Here are the details:
Session 1: Take Control of the Database Development Lifecycle with Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals
In this session, you’ll learn best practices for keeping your development, test and production databases in sync from a schema and data perspective. We’ll explore how to create and version database schemas, and how to utilize schemas for ‘off-line’ development against a database schema. You’ll see how to create test data that truly mimics real data, and how to use Unit Tests to validate your application against a database. Finally, we’ll explore how to manage database schema changes using Team Foundation Server – making database development a true participant in the software development life cycle.
In this session, you’ll learn:
• Best practices for keeping development, test and production databases in sync
• How to create test data that mimics real data
• Where to use Unit Tests to validate your application against a database
• How to manage database schema changes using Team Foundation Server
Session 2: Windows Workflow Foundation Exposed
Virtually all software today supports a discrete series of business steps known as a workflow. With Windows Workflow Foundation, you get a programming model, engine and toolkit for quickly building workflow-enabled applications on Windows. In this session, we’ll introduce you to concepts including activities, business rules, control flow, state management, and more. You’ll see how to model both human and system workflow and we’ll explore the architecture of Windows Workflow Foundation, including how to design, build and debug workflows. At the end of this session, you’ll know how to effectively use workflows in everyday applications.
This session will explore:
• Workflow concepts such as activities, business rules, control flow, and state management
• Human and system workflow models
• Architectural highlights of Windows Workflow Foundation
• How to design, build and debug workflows for everyday solutions
Session 3: Create Cutting-Edge Web Designs with Expression Web
In this session, you’ll get up close and personal with Expression Web’s top features and learn how they can simplify your Web design and development process. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of user experience, the professional user interface of Expression Web, and Expression Web’s powerful CSS functionality. You’ll also learn how to work with XML data and ASP.NET 2.0 controls in Expression Web. Finally, we’ll show you how to deploy your applications to the Web.
This session will cover:
• Top features that simplify design and development in Expression Web
• Expression Web’s CSS functionality, user interface and user experience
• How to work with XML data and ASP.NET 2.0 controls in Expression Web
• How to deploy your applications to the Web
I can’t wait to see you there. Don’t forget to check out the other cities we’ll be presenting at this quarter, as well.