Microservices have become a popular architectural style for building cloud applications that are resilient, highly scalable, and able to evolve quickly. We explore how to model, build and operate a microservices architecture on Azure, using Kubernetes. Topics include:
- Using Domain Driven Design (DDD) to design a microservices architecture.
- Choosing the right Azure technologies for compute, storage, messaging, and other elements of the design.
- Understanding microservices design patterns.
- Designing for resiliency, scalability, and performance.
- Building a CI/CD pipeline.
The following diagram illustrates the architecture of the reference implementation.
The goal of this guidance is to show an end to end process of modeling, building and operating microservices under a realistic scenario which is a drone delivery service that lets customers schedule packages to be picked up and delivered via drone. We hope you will find it useful in your own projects.