Installing Team Foundation Server 2010 is as easy as Microsoft Office Installation. This is my second attempt to install single server TFS 2010. I am successful again.
Few things we need to take care is
1. Use the Team Foundation Server 2010 Installation Guide and follow it step by step at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2d531219-2c39-4c69-88ef-f5ae6ac18c9f&displaylang=en
2. I had to ensure that it has IIS and .NET Framework installed from Server Role.
3. I had installed Windows Server 2008 R2 and then installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard. I have installed it with all the component including SSRS and SSAS.
4. Then I downloaded and installed Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 x64 with Service Pack 2 from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=148457. Follow the instruction.
5. Finally I installed Team Foundation Server 2010
Once the TFS 2010 Installation is complete it asks for the configuration
Configure the Proxy
Then Build service
Last thing is the Sharepoint. Once over you are ready to go. What is most important is the easily approach and we do not have to think about it. Enjoy the ALM via Team Foundation Server 2010.