The Windows SDK team is proud to announce that the Beta release of the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is now live for you to install. The Windows SDK provides documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools designed to help you develop Windows applications using native (Win32®) and/or managed (.NET Framework) technologies.
The Windows SDK is available as an ISO.
This SDK release supports Windows 7 Beta, Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta, Windows Server 2008, .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, and Windows Vista SP1. It's compatible with Visual Studio 2008 SP1, including Visual Studio Express Editions.
Here's a small sampling of what’s in this Beta SDK.
- New Windows 7 Developer Guide and Quality cookbook
- Samples - Nearly 250 samples added and refreshed during Beta
- Headers/libraries – Over 100 new headers and libraries added to the SDK
- Tools – 7 new tools added to SDK during Beta
- The Windows 7 SDK headers, libs, and tools that can integrate with VS2008 when both the SDK and VS2008 are installed
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ command line compiler toolset and matching CRT
Stayed tuned to the Windows SDK blog as well as the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. As always, please look over the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK.