I am pleased to announce the release of the first Cumulative Update (CU) for Workflow Manager 1.0; you can find the associated KB article here. The Workflow Manager CU has a dependency on Service Bus CU1 (KB is here), which was also just released.
There are a couple of options for the installation:
- Direct installation from the Microsoft Download Center; the appropriate links are in the KB articles above
- Via the Web Platform Installer:
This CU aggregates a number of fixes, as discussed in the KB. It also adds support for suspending and resuming workflow instances.
Suspending & Resuming Workflow Instances
Workflows can be suspended via 3 mechanisms:
- Using the WorkflowManagementClient:
public WorkflowInstanceResult Suspend(string workflowName, string instanceName, string reason)
- Via the Suspend activity, which you can use in your workflow definitions
- Via an unhandled error: most unhandled errors – which would have previously terminated the instance – will now suspend the instance
Instances can be resumed via the WorkflowManagementClient:
public WorkflowInstanceResult Resume(string workflowName, string instanceName)