A new tool (including source code) has been posted on GotDotNet: the Visio Connector for Project/EPM/SPS. This is useful by itself but also provides a great way to learn about connecting Visio with some of the most popular data sources out there. It can be used as a starting point for your own projects.
- Generate project plans in MS-Project starting with a Visio Process flow diagram
- Generate project plans in MS-Project from a Visio-based WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) diagram
- Report the status of the tasks from Microsoft Project Plan stored locally or in a project server
- Generate a portfolio view in Visio from Microsoft Project Server.
- Generate Visio process flow diagram (With Critical path view) from MS Project plan through MS Project Add-Ins.
- Report the status of the tasks from Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Generate SharePoint Tasks from within the Visio diagrams