imagex\SBS 2003 R2 sysprep:
- After the 1st CD – stop and run setup with /OEM switch.
- Compete the installation with the entire R2 CD – do not add the Premier options.
- Create the directory c:\sysprep then add all the files to the sysprep folder c:\sysprep from the SBS CD OPK CD only!
- From a cmd prompt Run “c:\sysprep\sysprep.exe -DC -RESEAL
- The system should shut down the server when completed.
- Add the thumb drive and reboot with WinPE 2.1.
- At this point you’ll be working via a cmd prompt window.
- Capture the image using imagex.
(i.e imagex /capture c: E:\SBSSP.wim “drive c”) drive e: is the thumb drive.
- imagex completes the capture successfully.
- Reboot the system again with WinPE 2.1
- At the command prompt run “format c:” if a new computer is used the drive must be formatted and possibly bcdedit may be needed.
- Run imagex again to apply the image using the following:
(i.e imagex /apply e:\SBSSP.wim 1 c:)
- When 100% complete, shut down.
- Remove the thumb drive and WinPE CD.
- Reboot again.
- Mini-OOBE should run at this point.
- The system should reboot again.
- The next reboot the system finalizes the user’s settings.