We’ve received feedback about previous versions of the Windows SDK related to the large size of the download. To partially mitigate this, the latest SDK now gives users the choice of whether to download the documentation to their machine for offline viewing or to view the documentation strictly online. You may notice that there are quite a few sets of docs that can be selected. Below are instructions on how to get only the Windows 7.1 SDK documentation.
Here’s how to download it:
– Choose “Manage Help Settings” from within Start Menu->Microsoft Windows SDK v7.1->Documentation
– This will launch the Help Library Manager
– Choose “Install Content from Online”
– At the bottom of the list, there is the “Windows SDK 7.1” node.
– Choose Add and then Update.
Once the download and installation is complete, the documentation can be viewed by selecting Windows SDK Documentation while in offline mode.