Mobile Tweets: My Phone Codes

In light of the broad consumer interest for the Microsoft® My Phone service announced this week at Mobile World Congress, several promotional codes are being released to the Microsoft Twitter community.  Of course you could just jump on the waitlist, but here is a short list of Twitterers you should follow for a chance to get a code on the spot.

• MSMyPhone – The My Phone product team has been tweeting codes throughout the week.
  • windowsmobile – The Windows Mobile Consumer Team will be releasing 15 codes anytime now.
  • wmdev – The Windows Mobile Developer Team is releasing 4 codes today!

Naturally if you are a Windows® phone consumer or developer, you will want to follow one or more of these groups anyways.

Oh, and there’s one more opportunity I should mention.  😉

987M-HDQM-5UI2-ZNEZ (and … gone)

Enjoy!

UPDATE

Based on recent comments I can see that some folks were not aware that the code listed above as well as the codes released publicly via Twitter, are each only valid for single use.  I apologize for not clarifying that in the original post.  That said, it was with the best of intentions that this offer was made, and I apologize if anyone felt that their time was wasted over this promotion.  As always, thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback!

1. manitoba says:

Thanxs but this code does not work for me  🙁

2. TWickl says:

Hi,

unforunatly, this Code seems to invalid?!

🙁

3. Drew says:

Definitely says invalid.. Posting one time use codes in public spaces is IGNORANT. You’re just asking ppl to write scrape scripts.  I wont give you the 2 minutes of my time it takes to write the script.. can’t believe I gave you the 30 seconds this post took

4. tamberg says:

"Invalid Promotional Code"

Thanks a lot.

5. Matt says:

If you (commentors) read the tweets late you’ll get an Invalid Code.  You were too slow, sorry, stop being ingrates.

That said, tweets are a poor format for distributing beta keys.  Nobody posts beta keys for anything directly to a public website for good reason, and that is all this is.

Although I admire the fact that you (Microsoft) took a page from radio broadcasters (listen all day and call in when you hear the song and we’ll give you concert tickets!) because it’s a new twist.  But it’s also a blatant way to manipulate people into following you on twitter.

The DJs have the courtesy to explain WHY you didn’t win when you call in.  Obviously, this twitter gimmick is frustrating your user base.

6. EricN says:

Thanks for the useful feedback!  I’ve updated the post so others won’t be confused going forward.

7. segadc says:

Next time you need to post a code via a Microsoft tag. 🙂

8. James says:

I’m curious, how did the OS X home icon come to be in Windows Mobile 6.5? It’s been copied exactly (sans chimney).

9. Manfred says:

James, looks like you came across outdated screen shots. A screen shot with the current Today icon can be found at http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/Windows-Mobile-65-Officially-Announced/. I guess icons might change again before Windows Mobile 6.5 releases.

10. Drew says:

Thanks for marking it for people. Keep up the hard work.. and please tell me this tool uses mesh services or at least the sync framework, or why should I?

11. samuel blanco says:

6006 ne 33rd cir feb 17 18 whers all of my creater codes parellel streaming hentai video from sprint and my short codes from at&t + include my cricket docs

12. samuel blanco says: