Live Mesh and Windows Mobile

As part of PDC , it was announced that Live Mesh will be going into an open Beta over the course of this week. We are pleased to announce that it is live! No pun intended 🙂 For more information about Live Mesh and the Beta, check out the Live Mesh blog and the Live Mesh Web site.

Let’s take a look at how it works…

Download the CAB file: http://m.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab

After installing the client, you will see it listed in your program files like such:

sshot000 (2)

Select Live Mesh and login:

sshot001 (2)

After logging in, Live Mesh will take a few minutes to configure the client.

sshot007

Here is the welcome screen after logging in. Click Continue to move on.

sshot008

After you click continue, you will see the folders in the Mesh. It will also add a Mobile Pictures folder that is synchronized to \My Documents\My Pictures.

sshot009

Want to sync one of your mesh folders already in the cloud? Highlight it and choose Sync Folder with Mobile.

sshot010

That’s it…Enjoy!

1. David says:

Tried this and I was told no more mobile devices are allowed to use Live Mesh.

2. I just tried this and get:

Live mesh is not available.

Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh.

3. Red says:

Same here wont let me add my device, gutted

4. They are tracking these issues at the Live Mesh Mobile Forum here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/threads/

5. caine says:

same thing, wtf?

something wrong is going with whole windows mobile now.

6. Red says:

Got it working used this workaround:

Workaround: In order to add your mobile device to your mesh, you must do both of the following:

Click on the appropriate promo code link (US or UK) from your computer (not your mobile device).

Visit http://www.mesh.com from your computer (again, not from your mobile device) and add that device to your mesh from the Devices page.

Make sure you keep both the browser windows open while you connect from your phone.

7. Igalan says:

It’s only available for US and UK users, not for the rest of the world. At least http://m.mesh.com is a viable alternative until we have a final release.

8. scott pettersen says:

I keep getting "Not enough Memory to install". what are the minimum requirements?

9. David Fulop says:

Scott, it’s around 10-12 megs. I had to free it up to get Mesh installed on my Touch. 🙁

10. daniel says:

Hi,

I really would like to try it – but their is no more Promo Codes. When will there be new ones?

BR

Daniel

11. Andrew says:

The Workaround above works!!!

go to

and then click on add device, and there should be a link for installing it on your phone. Once i clicked that link, it worked!

12. Andrey says:

Andrew, Thanks for your link.

Mobile client is worked.

13. Joshua says:

Yeah, thanks Andrew! That worked! Been waiting forever to get this on my cell! 🙂

14. Alfredo says:

Someone outside US and UK successful installed live mesh on his mobile device with the promo code of Andrew?

15. Alex says:

Yes Alfredo, i did!

im from Mexico

16. Richard Curtis says:

I love Live Mesh it’s great but I found that Live Mesh Mobile took hours to sync on my HTC Touch HD so I have uninstalled it at the moment. I look forward to a faster version in the future as this is going to be a great help to me.

17. Ron says:

No more places available for Win Mobile beta client?

I installed teh WM6 client but was informed during SignIn that there was no more room for clients during beta.

18. Muzammil says:

Do we have a version for windows mobile 5 ?

19. Adam says:

Any chance of getting an API so we could write a WM5 version if you don’t support one ?

20. bijan says:

worked on wm6.1 in canada on fido, samsung bj2 (worst phone ever, btw)

21. Dhomas says:

I got it working on my HTC TyTN II on Fido in Canada. Off topic: Bijan, I too had a lot of trouble with my Samsung Jack at first. Once I switched to a 3G SIM, everything got better. Do you have a 3G SIM?

22. John says:

I have a Palm Pre. Will Live Mesh work with it?