New Developer Portal

As you can see the blog has a fresh new look. I think it looks great

I suggest you also check the new portal at

Windows Mobile Developer Portal

Learn all about developing apps for Windows Mobile.
   From Start, Develop, Test to Release

– Got interesting mobile code and topics to contribute or simply want to send your feedback?
– Check out the Apps listed in the Spotlights for developers or showcase your applications.
– Watch for Events, future updates and campaigns.

Additionally, for those of you that know me, this will be possibly my last blog entry as part of the Windows Mobile Team. Starting on Monday I will be moving to the Surface team.

It has been a pleasure working with you.

Luis E. Cabrera

1. Nathan says:

Why is there no link to the windows mobile feedback connect site on there ?

Not that anyone from microsoft seems to answer or comment on any of the suggestions in there.

2. LuisCa says:

An answer to your question:

I don’t know, but I will send the feedback.

By the way, I just answered your question. 😉

3. David Lim says:

When can we see this OS running in New Zeland mobile phone? Cheers!

David Lim

4. Henry Böhlert says:

All the best for you in your new team!

But that web site you’re mentioning: looks like the anti-showcase to me.

It uses Silverlight and renders terribly in mobile IE (unless in "desktop" mode). Sorry, but I couldn’t resist to check.

5. Gabri van Lee says:

Not to rain on your parade, coz the website does look pretty sleek in IE, when using Chromium it totally breaks. Seems to be a problem with inconsisten HTML/XHTML or something.

6. SM says:

Sounds so much like

Finally i can see Windows Mobile is getting there.

7. Not much of the presentation for any upcoming thing about wondows mobile in the PDC 2008. [just about existing devices feature usage like  live mesh presentation].

Is there any concentration on this department is going on by Micro$oft

8. A user says:

The new website looks terrible using Safari on a Mac.

9. Dirk says:

WinMo team, pay attention.  Go look at the Nokia N97 and all that it’s OS can do.  That’s where WinMo should be.  Compared to that we look like we’re using something that came out 5 years ago.  It can’t be that hard because it seems like everyone is blowing you out of the water right now, Apple, RIM, Nokia, Google.  If you don’t catch up you might as well abandon the mobile market because they’re making advancements while you’re just trying to make it work.