Two cool Windows Mobile resources

While you’re working:

• Windows Mobile Library. This technical library contains resources that can help you deploy and operate Windows Mobile powered devices.

While you’re playing:

Enjoy!
-Mel

1. Steve Bolton says:

Since windows mobile can’t send a text when not connected I am less of a fan.  (Orange SPV e650)

Even my 1998 phone could wait until there was a connection and send the SMS automatically.

My Win Mobile 6 device just complains and stuffs the SMS somewhere useless and never tries again.

Basic, basic stuff.  Gah!

2. L. Milledge says:

That’s great…. but if you guys came out with a new version of Voice Command that actually worked with Windows Mobile 6, that would be even better. When is the last time you came out with an update for VC – has it been 2 years? I need my text messages read to me again.

3. Android says:

Windows mobile is a joke and wmdc is insult to injury. WM6 is more like skin to wm5 and it still does not address basic functionality.

Use your mobile as an alarm clock do you? Well not if you use windows mobile user that is ,its one or the other. If you want your alarm on and dont want to be disturbed by the phone ringing at night you have to put you phone into flight mode as WM makes the major mistake of not seperating phone notifications and system notifications. The first nokia I ever had back in ’95 could do this. Furthermoe I can switch off a nokia and it will wake up and sound the alarm.

I seriously doubt Photon will address basic functionality and the other numerous problems nor will it give the users what they want. I can’t wait until android comes so I can finally get rid of windoze mobile. I’d get an iphone but hate apple more than I hate micro$oft.

4. low-maintenance says:

good lord you guys (previous posts) are high-maintenance. The issues you guys bring up seem VERY minor compared to the features you do get with WM. You cant have everything so if these minor annoyances outway the major improvments, well then I guess you are speaking from an end-users point of VERY narrowed view. I dont have any major complaints about WM and coming from an Exchange admin background, the backend support and performance for WM kicks the crap out of other solutions (BES). The disk costs alone for MAPI connections to Exchange outway any of the things you guys are whining about.

Anyway, only thiong here I would agree with is the fact that I also refuse the iPhone because of my hatred of crApple. 🙂

5. Android says:

To low-maintenance: I understand what your saying but whats the point in putting in this ‘advanced’ functionality if they cant get the basics right especially given the price of WM6 devices? Yes I agree that the backend exchange stuff is good. Yes BES is awful but even though my compnay has everything it needs to be able to do push mail via microsoft they still went and bought BES as the IT director thinks Blackberries are better (in typical IT director fashion he hasnt got a clue about IT).

6. kral oyun says: