Posted by: Windows EmbeddedTeam
Applies To: Embedded
Published Date: 8/7/2015
This communication details the .NET Framework versions supported by the Windows
Embedded Products after January 2016. Read on for further details.
- The following table specifies the Microsoft support plans for all Microsoft .NET Framework versions after January 2016.
|.NET Framework version|
|Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (WES09)||Y||Y|
|Windows Embedded POSReady 2009||Y||Y|
|Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7)||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Windows Embedded POSReady 7||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Windows Embedded 8 Standard (WE8S)||Y||Y||Y|
|Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry (WE8.1i)||Y||Y||Y||Y|
- We will update this blog when our support plan changes, so check this page regularly for the latest support details.
- Note that the following products are not listed because they will be moving out of extended support as of 2016:
- Windows Embedded Point of Service
- Windows XP Embedded
- Windows Embedded 8 Industry
- For information about general
Windows support for the .NET Framework and any restrictions, visit
the .NET blog website.