Posted By Windows Embedded Team
New technical articles are now available on TechNet for Windows Embedded 8 Industry and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry. These technical articles are designed to teach you more about aspects of the products they apply to.
Windows Embedded 8 Industry
- Automatically launch apps with Windows Embedded 8 Industry – Helps you understand how to enable, configure and disable Windows 8 Application Launcher and Shell Launcher on a device running Windows Embedded 8 Industry (Industry 8).
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry
- Update Windows Embedded 8.1 settings after deployment – Helps you use System Center Configuration Manager to manage settings on a device running Industry 8.1.
- Update Windows Embedded 8.1 devices that are protected by UWF – Helps you to update Industry 8.1 settings on devices that are protected with Unified Write Filter (UWF).
- Customize a Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry image before deployment – Helps you to customize your Industry 8.1 image with lockdown features before you deploy it to your devices.
- Lockdown settings removed through Sysprep in Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry – Helps you understand lockdown settings that are removed during the Sysprep process in Industry 8.1 so that you can set them again after deployment.
- Use assigned access to lock down a Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry device – Helps you use assigned access to set up a single function device, restricting a user account to access a single Windows Store app.
- Volume activation guide for Windows Embedded 8 and Windows Embedded 8.1 – Describes the volume activation options available for Windows Embedded 8 and Windows Embedded 8.1 devices.
- Best practices for selecting an app for assigned access – Provides guidance around selecting an appropriate app for assigned access.