Posted By Cuong Pham
Product Manager, Windows Embedded
Note: New information since we published this content about Windows Embedded 8.1 can be found here.
Today, the Windows team shared that we have started releasing Windows 8.1 to our hardware partners, including Windows Embedded 8.1. This important and exciting milestone builds on the platform alignment we discussed during the release of Windows Embedded 8 by marking Microsoft’s first simultaneous release of Windows across devices – from the smallest tablets to the most lightweight notebooks to versatile 2-in-1s, as well as industry devices and intelligent systems for business.
In a previous blog, we shared that we would deliver updates to Windows Embedded 8, bringing the latest Windows 8.1 innovations to industry devices, in a number of areas: enhanced security, deeper lockdown control, expanded peripheral capabilities, better manageability, updated user experience, and improved connectivity and mobility.
Today, we’d like to share with you how Windows Embedded 8 delivers value through industry devices:
- Connected: Provide hours of power to go where your customers go, while keeping them connected to resources they need;
- Targeted: Deliver a desired, reliable experience and consistent configuration every time;
- Rich experience: Delight your customers with rich, multi-touch, immersive experiences, while preserving key investments in existing technology;
- Invest for the future: Build exciting solutions using state-of-the-art technology from a partner that is committed to your long-term success;
- Intelligent systems ready: Build powerful enterprise-class solutions that easily capitalize on existing investments;
- Secure: Protect the device, customers’ data and network to keep business running smoothly.
Tightly aligned with Windows 8.1, on October 18, Windows Embedded will become generally available to our embedded OEM partners to build industry devices for business, delivering the value and experience customers need, want and expect.
To preview the value and experience Windows Embedded 8.1 delivers, download the public preview and start building your next intelligent systems-ready industry device. Read more about how embedded devices power industry on our website.