The following feature updates are now available on ECE:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 template and redistributable installer for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable installer for Windows Embedded POSReady 7.
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 for Windows Embedded 7 SP1 and Windows Embedded POSReady 7 provides the following benefits:
- The.NET Framework 4.5 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the .NET Framework 4. By using the .NET Framework 4.5 together with the C#, Visual Basic, or F# programming language, you can write Windows apps. The .NET Framework 4.5 includes significant language and framework enhancements for C#, Visual Basic, and F# (so that you can more easily write asynchronous code), the blending of control flow in synchronous code, a responsive UI, and web app scalability.
- The .NET Framework 4.5 adds substantial improvements to other functional areas such as ASP.NET, Managed Extensibility Framework, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, and Windows Identity Foundation.
- The .NET Framework 4.5 delivers better performance, reliability, and security.
Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template allows for the installation of Kinect for Windows Runtime v1.6 on Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1. Highlights of new features supported in v1.6 runtime are:
- .NET Framework 4.5 support
- Accelerometer Data APIs – sensor’s accelerometer is now exposed in the API
- Extended Depth Data Is Now Available – provides details beyond 4 meters
- Color Camera Setting APIs – Camera Settings can now be optimized to your environment
- More Control over Decoding- Bayer to RGB conversions on CPU or GPU
- German Language Pack for Speech Recognition
- Infrared Emitter Control API – new API for turning the infrared emitter off.
- Infrared Stream Is Now Exposed in the API