The July 2012 Security Updates are now available on the ECE site for Windows® Embedded Standard 2009 and/or Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded with Service Pack 3.
The list below applies to Windows Embedded XPe SP3 and Standard 2009:
- KB2719985 – Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services could allow remote code execution.
- KB2718523 – Vulnerability in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers could allow elevation of privilege.
- KB2698365 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Data Access Components could allow remote code execution.
- KB2691442– Vulnerability in Windows Shell could allow remote code execution.
- KB2655992 – Vulnerability in TLS could allow information disclosure.
The new updates included in this download can be applied directly to runtime images. The componentized versions of these update for updating the database will be included in next month’s security update release. The database updates incorporate all security updates from prior months for the current year; therefore you do not need to install previous security database updates.
If you have questions on accessing the ECE, please email MS Mobile & Embedded Communications Feedback & Support, ECE@microsoft.com.