Occasionally Win2D runs into bugs in the operating system or compiler, and has to work around them. Eventually these bugs get fixed, which begs the question - how long after a fix is available should we wait before removing our workarounds from Win2D?
This post is your chance to give feedback on whether it is important for newer versions of Win2D to work with older versions of Visual Studio.
Options that we plan to continue supporting:
- Use Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 to build 8.1 apps using Win2D
- Use the latest update of Visual Studio 2015 to build UWP apps using Win2D
- Run 8.1 Win2D apps on Windows 8.1, Phone 8.1, or any version of Windows 10
- Run UWP Win2D apps on any version of Windows 10
The option we are not sure about:
- Use older versions of Visual Studio 2015 to build UWP apps using Win2D
Does this matter to you? Note that even if we decide to remove our workarounds, which would require everyone building UWP Win2D apps to install the latest Visual Studio 2015 update, the resulting apps would still run on every version of Windows 10, whether updated or not. Note also that older versions of Visual Studio 2015 would continue to work with older versions of Win2D.
Let us know in the comments below,