Win2D version 0.0.17 is now available on NuGet and GitHub. It’s been such an exciting week as the //build/ conference in San Francisco is in progress! Those attending may have had the opportunity to see our Win2D talk today. The new public version of Visual Studio 2015 RC is also available to try out, and use with Win2D.
1: Building using Visual Studio 2015 now requires version Visual Studio 2015 RC. Earlier previews of VS 2015, such as CTP 6, and so on, are no longer supported.
2: Some renaming related to CanvasTextLayout for clarity and consistency.
- MaximumLayoutSize -> RequestedSize
- GetMinimumLayoutWidth -> GetMinimumLineLength
- GetMinimumCharacterAdvanceWidth -> GetMinimumCharacterAdvance
3: Removed CanvasLineSpacingMethod. This is now determined from CanvasTextLayout’s LineSpacing value.
4: Reordered the DPI parameters passed to methods of CanvasBitmap, CanvasRenderTarget, and CanvasSwapChain.
- Various fixes to ensure Win2D is compatible with the latest Visual Studio toolchain for building UWP apps.
- Improvements in documentation.
- A necessary change to ensure Win2D can be consumed by managed Windows runtime components.
- A cool new sample in ExampleGallery:
Visual Studio Installation Notes
- While opening Win2D.81.sln with Visual Studio 2015 RC, a dialog may appear about upgrading certain projects to the latest toolchain. If the 8.1 tooling is installed, these projects should be buildable without any changes, so feel free to hit ‘Cancel’. The dialog will not appear again.
- If the ‘Custom’ option of the installer is used, ensure that that the checkbox for Windows 10 Tools is checked in order to use Win2D.uap.sln. If it was not checked or if the checkbox was disabled, re-launch the installer, choose the Modify option, and enable it.