New this sprint:
- CanvasAnimatedControl provides an easy to use game loop programming model:
- Update and Draw events run on a dedicated thread, so smooth animation can continue independently of the main UI thread.
- Supports both fixed timestep and variable update rates.
- Can deliver input events directly to its worker thread. This minimizes latency, and avoids the synchronization complexities that would occur if input was handled on the UI thread at the same time as Update was running somewhere else.
- DrawImage fast path optimization improves some common operations by an order of magnitude.