New this sprint:
- Added CanvasCommandList
- CanvasSwapChain improvements
- Now handles high DPI following the same pattern as CanvasImageSource
- Present overload that takes a sync interval
- Added Rotation, TransformMatrix, and SourceSize properties
- Simpler ResizeBuffers overload
- API cleanup: added some missing properties and fixed inconsistent naming
- Added CanvasBitmap.Device, Format, and AlphaMode properties
- Added ICanvasBrush.Device property
- Added CanvasImageSource.Background property
- Renamed CanvasAlphaBehavior -> CanvasAlphaMode
- Reordered CanvasDevice.CreateFromDirect3D11Device parameters to be more logical
- CanvasRenderTarget and CanvasSwapChain no longer implement ICanvasResourceCreator
We’ve also been hard at work on CanvasAnimatedControl, which will provide an easy to use game loop programming model on top of the swapchain functionality, but that isn’t quite ready to release yet.
Most of the team is now heading out on vacation, so there will be a small gap in Win2D releases. Our next sprint starts on Jan 5th, and its results will be published on Jan 19th.