If you have recently submitted an ALM Rangers solution idea on Visual Studio UserVoice, please locate it below and determine if you are happy with the status and comment. As introduced in Triage of ideas … ∆ process changes we are switching to rolling, not quarterly triages.
This post reflects the status as at 2014/08/11.
what makes an idea a win:win?
The shaded area in the left diagram represents the ideas which will wander into the top right “Ranger Project” quadrant, shown as WIN:WIN on the right diagram.
The lists show below are only showing ideas that emerged from UserVoice. When you view our latest flight plan board you can spot other ideas, including strategic and research ideas.
- Building a Release Pipeline with TFS 2012 now includes HOLs for TFS 2013
- TFS Planning, DR avoidance and TFS on Azure IaaS guidance embraces build
- Version Control Guidance v3.0 flight has landed delivering three great guides and lots of visuals
- ALM Community shipped the Flight Plan … a simple, known and informative view!
In-flight ideas can be seen on the flight plan. New ideas that have been approved and taking off:
- Create practical guidance on Agile Portfolio Management with TFS 2013 and beyond.
- As a TFS Administrator, I would like to extract permission reports to audit purposes
- Enhance the v2 and v3 ALM Readiness Treasure Maps
- Custom UI controls for custom applications that interact with TFS
- Using DSC, bring the Virtual Machines into the ALM lifecycle.
- Add two-way synchronisation to the Word Addin for Team Foundation Server
- Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure - Better Together Guidance
- Create a Framework for driving realistic load against SQL Server
- Practical guidance for customers around ALM for SharePoint application development
- SCVMM be able to manage Virtual Machines hosted on Windows Azure IaaS for Lab Management (removed from Rangers category)
- Even more build guidance
- SQL Server Development Tools - Best practice guidance
- Work Item "Baselining"
Have we missed anything? Thoughts?
Remember to capture YOUR project ideas on UserVoice so that they light up in the next triage.
- Triage of ideas … ∆ process changes
- ALM Rangers Triage #7, #6, #5, #4, #3, #2, #1 - What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- Have you got an idea for a new or an existing ALM Rangers solution?
- FAQ – How many ALM Ranger initiatives can/should I commit to?
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers Transparency – Clarifying the processes: Projects (Part 1)