If you have submitted an ALM Rangers solution idea, please locate it below and determine if you are happy with the status and comment. We need your candid feedback to ensure we prepare for the next triage and action your idea appropriately!
This post reflects the status as at 2014/02/19
where are we?
In terms of the FY14 timeline we are in the third quarter, seventh idea triage, nurturing five in-flight projects home and preparing to kick-start wave #7 with few new projects.
- Unit Test Generator v1.2 bug fix release
- Pirates ship ALM Readiness Treasure Map v2.1 release for Windows 8.1
- Testing Mobile Apps using Perfecto Mobile’s MobileCloud … v2 is available!
- Looking for trend reporting against VS Online and more? Peruse the new TFS Reporting Guide!
- TFS Upgrade Guide comes out of silent BETA and ships v3 for TFS 2013
- Better Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes – eBook update v1.
- Lab Management Guide … v3 update is available!
In-flight ideas can be seen on the flight plan. New ideas that have been approved and taking off:
This report only includes ideas raised on UserVoice, or related, not strategic project ideas.
- SAFe Awareness and Readiness
- Related to Create practical guidance on Agile Portfolio Management with TFS 2013 and beyond (SAFe)
- Support product group research and whitepaper efforts
- As a TFS Administrator, I would like to extract permission reports to audit purposes
- Building a prototype before we make a final decision on feasibility
- Plus two strategic projects that are not on UserVoice and not yet ready for public domain
deferred “next triage”
- Create practical guidance on Agile Portfolio Management with TFS 2013 and beyond (SAFe)
- Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure – Better Together Guidance
- Add two-way synchronisation to the Word Addin for Team Foundation Server
- Create a Framework for driving realistic load against SQL Server
- Practical guidance for customers around ALM for SharePoint application development
- Even more build guidance
- SQL Server Development Tools – best practice guidance
- Work Item "Baselining"
- SCVMM be able to manage Virtual Machines hosted on Windows Azure IaaS for Lab Management
- Too few votes by community, ALM MVPs and ALM Rangers
- Detailed TFS Rangers doc on how to migrate a TFS deployment (without upgrading)
- Installer, deployment, end-to-end monitoring guidance
- Provide a way of exporting or converting webtestresult files to text
- Load testing virtual users activity chart
- Extended Default TFS Process templates
- Allow VS Unit Test Generator to configure where to pull references from
- As a trainer, administrator and ALM professional it would be great to have one integrated utility to setup a TFS instance quickly
- Update the mappings in the TFS Integration Tools to support the 6.1 process templates
Have we missed anything? Thoughts?
- ALM Rangers Triage #6 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #5 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #4 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #3 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #2 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #1 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- Have you got an idea for a new or an existing ALM Rangers solution?
- FAQ – How many ALM Ranger initiatives can/should I commit to?
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers Transparency – Clarifying the processes: Projects (Part 1)