If you have submitted an ALM Rangers solution idea, please locate it below and determine if you are happy with the status and comment. We need your candid feedback to ensure we prepare for the next triage and action your idea appropriately!
This post is reflects the status as at 2013/11/09.
Where are we?
In terms of the FY14 timeline we are in the second quarter, sixth idea triage, and are currently working on Sprint 17 (November), as shown below:
The teams are hard at work to complete a number of guidance projects by the end of sprint 17 (S17 / November) to ensure that we can use December for review, limiting content development during a typically quiet month. With five projects “in-flight”, two projects on “landing” approach and December (family & vacation month) around the corner, we are intentionally not starting or considering a wave of new projects at this time.
- Unit Test Generator v1, v1.1
- Building a Release Pipeline with TFS (p&p / Rangers collaboration) v1
- Device dev and testing with Perfecto Mobile v1
- DevOps Tooling & Practical Continuous Deployment Guide v1
In-flight ideas can be seen on the flight plan. New ideas that have been approved and taking off:
- TFS on Azure (IAAS) Planning and Ops Guide and extension to the TFS Planning and DR Avoidance Guide
We will be presenting this backlog to the ALM MVPs at the MVP Summit and ask for their candid feedback.
- Custom TFS Data Warehouse samples & guidance
- Create practical guidance on Agile Portfolio Management with TFS 2013 and beyond
- As a TFS Administrator, I would like to extract permission reports to audit purposes
- Add two-way synchronisation to the Word Addin for Team Foundation Server
- Enhance the v2 ALM Readiness Treasure Map
- Allow VS Unit Test Generator to configure where to pull references from
- Create a Framework for driving realistic load against SQL Server
- Practical guidance for customers around ALM for SharePoint application development
- Even more build guidance
- SQL Server Development Tools – Best practice guidance
- SCVMM be able to manage Virtual Machines hosted on Windows Azure IaaS for Lab Management
- Update the mappings in the TFS Integration Tools to support the 6.1 process templates
- Add a uservoice.com integration services
- As a trainer, administrator and ALM professional it would be great to have one integrated utility to setup a TFS instance quickly
- Detailed TFS Rangers doc on how to migrate a TFS deployment (without upgrading)
- Installer, deployment, end-to-end monitoring guidance
- Provide a way of exporting or converting webtestresult files to text
- Load testing virtual users activity chart
- Extended Default TFS Process templates
Have we missed anything? Thoughts?
- ALM Rangers Triage #5 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #4 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #3 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #2 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #1 – What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- Have you got an idea for a new or an existing ALM Rangers solution?
- FAQ – How many ALM Ranger initiatives can/should I commit to?
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers Transparency – Clarifying the processes: Projects (Part 1)