If you have submitted an ALM Rangers solution idea, please locate it below and determine if you are happy with the status and comment. We need your candid feedback to ensure we prepare for the third triage and action your idea appropriately!
We have not declined any ideas this time and are busy starting the planning of a new batch of “possible” projects.
This post is dated and reflects the status as at 2013/03/04
- ALM Rangers Triage #2 - What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- ALM Rangers Triage #1 - What happened to your idea in UserVoice?
- Have you got an idea for a new or an existing ALM Rangers solution?
- FAQ – How many ALM Ranger initiatives can/should I commit to?
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers Transparency – Clarifying the processes: Projects (Part 1)
- Better Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes Guidance
- TFS 2012 Storyboard with Kinect
- Master ALM Treasure Map
- Add a how-to disaster recovery plan to the ALM Rangers Planning guide
Reference announcement posts:
- Better Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes guide … “shipped”!
- Storyboard with Kinect prototype was demonstrated at TechReady: TR16 Journal (Day T+1,2) – The first two days and phenomenal sessions are history
- ALM Rangers ship the ALM Readiness treasure map and ALM Readiness treasure map - snap it the captain says
- TFS Disaster Avoidance and Recovery Planning … “shipped”!
DONE & IMMINENT – Ideas
While not shipped at the time of this post, the following ideas are content complete and on the verge of shipping:
Ideas that have been approved and have an ALM Rangers team planning a solution.
- Add "Create Unit Tests" menu option back!
- Better support to Continuous Deployment Practices,
which includes Even more build guidance
- Practical Team Foundation Service Reporting Guide, which includes ideas
Custom TFS Data Warehouse samples & guidance
Create a PowerPivot/Tabular Model store that can be populated from the TFS Service
- Continuous Delivery for the ALM Pipleline a collaboration series brought to you by ALM Rangers & p&p, which replaces
Refresh the Team Development with Microsoft Visual Studio TFS book
Ideas that are still under review or ideas that may be considered in future, transferred to another category or declined.
- Practical guidance for customers around ALM for SharePoint application development
- Add a uservoice.com integration services
- New WIT for Build Management
- Installer, deployment, end-to-end monitoring guidance
- Update the mappings in the integration platform to use the 6.1 process templates
Ideas that have been transferred to the Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server category and are no longer monitored within Rangers Project category.
- Add a component to visual studio to measure quality metrics of the project
- Provide API to generate TFS Warehouse/Code Coverage compatible names for Methods and Types
- Add support for Archive scenario for TFS Integration Toolkit