Visual Studio Readiness “GIG” Wave #2
- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=244348 … shows that we sim-shipped on 05-31-2012 at 12:41 PM again Cowabunga!
Coded UI for Word Add-In
- Michael Fourie … has completed the latest version delivering Visual Studio 2012 support. As soon as we get product owner signoff, we will be publishing the Dev11 release for this great out-of-band tooling solution.
Downloads Update (as @ June 1st 2012 23:59 PDT)
- Average daily downloads since 2006: 175
- Total downloads since Jan/1/2006 of tracked and Dev10/11 focused ALM Ranger projects: 346076 (March Flash: 323,143)
The following Rangers have updated their index post during May: Silfarney Wallace Ferreira.
The ALM Rangers have made an appearance in the following MSDN Flashes:
Chicago ALM UG
Photo to the right shows Jim Szubryt, Angela Dugan and Prasanna Ramkumar after covering new TFS/VS features with 30 members of the Chicago ALM User Group. Prasanna covered TFS Preview with the board, work items and teams. Jim discussed the Rangers, storyboarding and new Visual Studio features. Angela demoed Test Manager and feedback functionality that will benefit testing.
Lab Management Case Study
The Questionmark Lab Management case study was published yesterday! Check out the Microsoft case study on TDC hosted Lab Management for more details.
Tasktop, from Vancouver, have a new video available demonstrating how Tasktop Sync synchronizes TFS 11 to HP Quality Center and other third party ALM systems. Please give us a shout if you would like more materials or another RangersTalk session focused on this solution.
Find more integration and migration solutions on the Team Foundation Server Migration and Integration Solutions page.
If you planning to visit TechReady 15 (Microsoft internal event) you should review the biggest menu ever for ALM Ranger sessions.
Scrub | Recognition Process
Your (Rangers only) mailbox has received a lot of information, questions and other type of grovelling by the ALM Rangers support team, which has (as always) been concerned to miss someone’s invaluable contributions to the ALM Rangers ecosystem. After months of administrative churn, discussions with many ALM Rangers and ability for your so submit your contact and achievement information, we have:
- Frozen the FY12 Satisfaction and Customer Experience Validation Surveys … results will be shared soon.
- Frozen the FY12 Achievement nominations.
We regularly have surveys in which the ALM Rangers share their views and their candid feedback. In a recent CEV (customer evaluation validation) survey we selected two Rangers for the most candid feedback … and the lucky winners of a shirt + book are:
Thanks guys for taking the time to submit detailed and candid feedback on the Visual Studio 11 BETA dogfooding experience! Watch your mailbox
ASK #1 – Quotes anyone?
- As always we would appreciate quotes from you or your communities in terms of the ALM Ranger solutions. Good news and positive quotes are invaluable!
ASK #2 – Pictures anyone?
- For the upgrade and planning project session I would appreciate if you can send me pictures we can use that show installations / environments that could probably have used a bit more planning … again a picture speaks a thousand words.
ASK #3 – Tell us about your successes!
- One thing we love is celebrating your successes. Unfortunately not being omniscient we simply don’t know about many of them. So if you have done or know of some outstanding contributions/actions please send them to Chuck and Willy to post in our internal newsletters that go to our upper management and the MVP leads.
For more information refer to: Rangers Website | Rangers Solutions | Rangers Blog | Understanding the Visual Studio ALM Rangers