This is part to an exploration of the upcoming ALM Rangers solutions for Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server 11. Previous posts:
- ALM Rangers Visual Studio 11 Readiness – Part 1: A small peek at the upcoming TFS Planning Guide
- ALM Rangers Visual Studio 11 Readiness – Part 2: A small peek at the upcoming TFS Branching and Merging Guidance
In this post we are taking a look at the Upgrade Guidance which also delivered a great ALPHA release:
An important sidebar note is that the Planning and Upgrade Guide cross-reference each other heavily. Typically when you have an existing environment and wish to upgrade/migrate to the next version, you typically have to plan + upgrade.
Deliver practical and scenario based guidance for the upgrade scenarios and post-upgrade issues for Team Foundation Server.
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- I would like to understand what’s new in Team Foundation Server 11 Upgrade Process
- I would like to understand the supported Upgrade paths.
- I would like guidance with step-by-step Instruction on how to upgrade my existing Team Foundation Server environment
- I would like a checklist with Pre and Post upgrade steps I can follow to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade
- I would like to understand how to upgrade my previous Process template to make use of Team Foundation Server 11 features.
On the left the guidance outline and on the right an early quick reference cheat sheet:
Great stuff Pramod Vasanth and team!