This week I made many photos and it was so difficult to pick my favourite, that I decided to merge a few into one. Find other related picture posts here.
My favourite picture(s) of the week
The weekend, as usual, was dominated by soccer. The inserts from left to right:
- A small weed that emerged in our garden and is simply too beautiful to pull out.
- Thorsten flicked the ball over the goalie … watching the ball float into the net was a real highlight of the weekend.
- Jacques shielding the ball in a very tough game (no substitutes) against North Delta.
- My sunshine, Carola, joined me for the Sunday walk along Boundary Bay.
- More beautiful flowers, this time hiding out at the bay.
The main picture is take from my new favourite spot at the beach, overlooking Boundary Bay. The tranquility of this bay, the sheer beauty of the surroundings and abundance of wild life makes this one of my favourite spots on this planet. The bay is preparing itself for the low tide at night and as the water recedes, so does the armada of sea gulls, raptors and other bird of the feather kind … I could have sat here for hours, but was dragged home by my wife and a starving J
Wondering where in the world the above spot and lookout is? Below is a high altitude view of Vancouver and a bird eye view.
Funny / Strange Picture of the week
I do not know if the following advert I found from the 1985’s is funny or scary to me … I remember that era and I loved those clack-a-di-clack keyboards
I took the above photo in the vintage 1964 bus (left) from the old days in Vancouver. My great friend Clive (right) started his career on one of these buses.