Bill Heys has just made us aware that he is now the lead for the Worldwide ALM Community within Microsoft Services, which is a huge challenge and opportunity for both Bill and the community.
For the few of us who do not know Bill, here is a short summary:
- Bill is a Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Senior Consultant based in Boston (home of the Bruins, the team that beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup 2011), Massachusetts and brings a wealth of experience in the ALM space, not to mention his own strong passion for community and the benefit, engagement, and support of the members
- Bill is a Visual Studio ALM Core Ranger and leads the development of the Branching Guidance.
- Bill was named Visual Studio ALM Ranger 2011 Lead of the Top Solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ee358786
- Bill is a certified Scrum Master (www.ScrumAlliance.org), but always seems to end up working with waterfall organizations
- Bill has a very interesting blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/billheys … subscribe today!
The Worldwide Application Lifecycle Management Community is an internal worldwide “gathering place” for Microsoft Services employees who focus on Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). This WW ALM Community brings together news and technical discussions on Microsoft® Visual Studio (VS) and ALM. Worldwide Communities also represent the interests and needs of Microsoft Services employees in planning internal technical readiness conferences (such as TechReady) and other readiness investments. A key focus of all Microsoft worldwide communities is to identify, collect, and rate reusable IP and to make this IP readily available and searchable for all Microsoft Services employees. The WW ALM Community is fully aligned with and collaborates with the VS ALM Rangers and the Visual Studio product group as well as the ALM Service Line Offerings team.
We will be working closely with Bill to ensure that we bring ALM Community within Microsoft, the ALM Rangers and the ALM Communities closer in alignment and closer together.
Congratulations Bill, we are very proud of you!