- CodedUI (VSCUG) project is focused on the in-depth guidance topics.
- Word4TFS (TFSWP) project is focused on code stabilization with a few last bugs to be fixed.
- Branching Guidance (TFSBG) … in the process of defining Epics, scope and priority for the next wave of guidance revisions. Watch the spaces (Bill’s Blog and Rangers Blog) for invitations for contributors to take ownership of Epics.
- Lab Management Guide (AHE-TFSLM) project shipped: We have shipped … Visual Studio Lab Management Guidance.
- Build Customization Guide (ATE-VSBCG) project shipped: We have shipped … Visual Studio Build Customization Guidance.
A hotfix to address a critical bug in the BRDLite reference template and associated documentation is available. See BRDLite Build Reference Template – Hotfix 1 has been posted for details.
- TFS Iteration Automation (AFE-TFSIA) project is entering the development phase for release 1, focusing on plug-ins.
- Are you a Ranger but not yet on Rangers Index?
How about sending us your answers to the following standard questions and a photograph of yourself in a non-IT environment:
- Who you are?
- What makes you “tick”?
- Where do you live?
- Where is the place you call home?
- Why are you active in the Rangers program?
- What is the best Rangers project you worked in and why
We would like to get as many Rangers in the index as possible, to ensure that we can present the person behind the name and walls in the virtual, disconnected and digital world we live in.
- Have you noticed the random polls? http://blogs.msdn.com/b/willy-peter_schaub/archive/tags/polls/
- MSDN Magazine is currently reviewing the latest Rangers article Reflections on Virtual Teams, which is the last experience-info-sharing-style article after Team Foundation Server: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Branching and Merging Guidance and Team Foundation Server: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Team Project and Collection Guidance. We are working on Rise of the VM Factory, which is the first level 300+ deep-dive article. If you are interested to review, please contact us here.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers Ecosystem
- Rangers make an appearance in German headlines: http://www.microsoft.com/germany/msdn/aktuell/news/show.mspx?id=msdn_de_44329
- Repeat: Battling to remember all the Ranger URLs? Just remember http://tinyurl.com/rangersportal, which takes you to our portal where all the URLs, “how-to’s” and other information can be found.
- Rangers Satisfaction Survey results can be reviewed in What the Visual Studio ALM Rangers “voiced” in the FY11 Satisfaction Survey.
- Top 20 project nomination process is complete. Watch this space for the results.