Paul Meyer (VMFactory Master) has started gathering some common problems, here is the first nugget.
- After booting from the WinPE ISO, MDT complains that it cannot reach the deployment share
- The MDT looks in the bootstrap.ini file that was baked into the ISO to see which share to use and the credentials to authenticate. It tries to do this using the NET USE command.
- Verify that you have an IP: ipconfig /all
- Make sure that you can ping the deployment share server (temporarily turn off firewall on deployment share server): ping <server-ip>
- Try to map the deployment share: NET USE Z: \\server\deploymentshare$ /user:server\username password
- If step 3 succeeds, the MDT should be able to start as well and the Retry button should do the trick