This morning, we published the latest (Beta November 2010) version of the popular WCF Load Test tool to Codeplex.
This tool takes a WCF trace file and a WCF client proxy or a WCF interface contract, and generates a C# unit test that replays the same sequence of calls found in the trace file. The unit test can then be used to load-test the target WCF services.
Although tested in a few pilot customer engagements, this release still maintains the beta tag until we receive enough feedback from real world scenarios.
The following is a list of new features and improvements:
- Provides support for DataSets
- Delivers support for duplex contracts
- Can handle ASMX services, even without a WCF client, which comes from the capability to process Fiddler2 traces
- Automatically filters out NullMessage messages which can appear in service-side message logs
- Verifies that the right kind of message log has been provided
- Initializes out parameters in the stub methods so that generated code will always compile without modification
- No longer locks the assemblies after the wizard has been used
- Provides improved error reporting