This post is a terse summary of major events that occurred in the Rangers community during October 2010, continued from the September 2010 updates.
Rangers Index Updates
Three Rangers introduced themselves this month on our Rangers Index
- Silfarney Wallace … Introducing the Visual Studio ALM Rangers – Silfarney Wallace Ferreira
- Daniel Oliveira … Introducing the Visual Studio ALM Rangers - Daniel Oliveira
- Willy-Peter Schaub … Introducing the Visual Studio ALM Rangers - Willy-Peter Schaub
The top picture selected from these Ranger intros is:
… Silfarney from Brazil.
Rangers Solutions started in October
We had one project that was formally kicked off:
- Build Customization Guide (VSBCG)
This Ranger project has the primary goal of delivering scenario based and hands-on guidance for the customization and deployment of TFS Builds activities such as versioning, code signing, branching.
The new four top Visual Studio ALM Ranger Champions from our communities finally appeared on the Rangers MSDN Landing page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ee358786.aspx) in October and we can now formally congratulate:
Rangers Infrastructure Changes
As part of the new solutions we started and as part of the Ruck framework, we introduced the following updates:
- We introduced Epics, Team and Persona definitions, as outlined in Requirements Management for Ranger Projects … Epics, Team and Personas.
October has been a very busy month in terms of the currently active projects and the preparations for the CodedUI project, which will be started in November, and the Rational IBM Clear Case and Clear Quest to Team Foundation Server migration awareness drive.
At the end of October the popularity amongst the Visual Studio 2010 based Rangers solutions looked as follows: