On Monday we are kicking off the refresh of the Visual Studio Architecture Tooling Guidance (http://vsarchitectureguide.codeplex.com/). No fixed delivery milestones are defined or even considered, instead the team will trickle publish refreshments as they become available, to ensure that the guidance is constantly updated.
The overall objective
Refresh the architecture tooling guidance to be inline with latest feature pack releases and to introduce guidance automation in the guidance extension.
The current product backlog
- Traceability Scenario – support Visualization and Modelling Feature Pack
- Validation Scenario – cover layer diagrams and associated validations in more detail
- Traceability Scenario HOL
- Validation Scenario HOL
- Rangers Extensions to implement guidance for reusable architecture, i.e. solution layout, object model layout, as part of the Feature Builder based guidance Visual Studio extension.
- Add branching considerations to reusable architecture scenario
- Q&A Update – Code Generation, T4 Runner
- Q&A Update – Code Generation, T4 Runner HOL
- Q&A Update – C++ Native Support
- MVC Support
- Import XMI
The team is made up of experts from Microsoft and Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP), including Randy Miller, Edward Bakker, Francisco Xavier Fagas Albarracín, Clemens Reijnen, Clementino de Mendonca and Marcel de Vries.
Call for action
If you are a subject matter expert in the areas covered by the project, or are experienced in or have experience with the technology that you would like to share with the feature team, then please get in touch with us. Collaboration and transparency are two top objectives of the Rangers.