In Rangers Guidance – We will be introducing a radically new landscape for ALM Guidance … is it the correct one I emphasized my personal preference of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), so when I stumbled over Ron Jacob’s phenomenal WF4 hands-on-lab (HOL), which is based on Feature Builder, my excitement was like a chain reaction that will be continuing for quite some time 🙂
- Feature Builder … find information on this latest product release here and start experimenting!
The Visual Studio ALM Rangers, are using it for our in-the-IDE guidance and considering to use it for our own HOLs. I pulled the following comment from Ron Jacobs extension feature page, which highlights the power of the Feature Builder product and the in-the-IDE HOL experience:
”This new format with the windows, activities, and content directly inside of visual studio is incredibly easy to use and makes following the steps and understanding the concepts much much better. This new format is also tremendously useful for getting my developers to consume this content as well…because we don’t need to stand up some virtual machine environment…the team gets to use their real world VS environment just in a “learning mode”. I’m really excited to see you guys release this hands on lab in this new feature format. I really can’t think of a better format for hands on labs. Keep up the great work! Can’t wait to see more of these….plus we might actually explore creating a few of our own internal trainings using this format.” … by Allen Feinberg.
- Hands On Lab: Introduction to WF4 … try this hands-on-lab, both to experience the Feature Builder based experience and to get an amazing and easy to follow introduction to Windows Workflow 4. Please make sure to rate the extension, because Ron needs your feedback to drive this innovative concept of HOLs!
- FB Initiatives … here is a list of Feature Builder projects you can/should keep an eye on:
- Feature Builder Contrib is a Feature Extension that provides additional Feature Commands, ValueProviders and Conditions for Feature Builder 1.0 and will help you build great Extensions for Visual Studio 2010.
- Feature Builder Guidance Extensions are Feature Extensions which extend the guidance for the Feature Building experience.