We have just published the revised Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Capacity Planning poster on both the Visual Studio 2010 Quick Reference Guidance and Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 Virtualization Guidance projects. A special thanks to Mario Rodriguez and the Rangers for their input and reviewing of the numerous iterations of this poster.
The following changes have been made:
- The range of 250-450 users has been updated to 250-500.
- The Processors have been changed to Processor and Core figures.
- The multi-server configurations have been revised.
- The scale out configurations have been consolidated to one 3600 or more users scenario.
- The 2009 has been clocked up to 2010 to indicate correct year of last revision.
- For the eagle eyed readers we have also updated the name in the top left, as the “Team System” brand is no longer valid with 2010. The image below still has the old branding … some things are hard to let go 🙂
You can find the Rangers solutions at VSTS Rangers Home or find a list of the latest Rangers solutions on my blog, in the navigation pane under “News”.