A new version (Changeset 45445) of the TFS Integration Platform codebase, installer, documentation, guidance and hands-on-labs has been dropped on Codeplex today.
Looking at the check-in comments, we have a substantial amount of features and bug fixes added in this release.
- Important changes
- DB project is converted to use DBPro GDR R2
- New WorkFlowType is introduced in toolkit.
- Toolkit is backward compatible (support for old work flow types persisted in DB), but doesn’t support importing a new configuration file with old work flow type
- Enforce each migration source can only be used in one session
- Convert DB project to use DBPro GDR R2
- Add new WorkFlowType configuration support. See TFS Integration Platform – WorkFlowTypeEnum Configuration element is being deprecated for details.
- Add support to @@MissingField@@ and its default value. See TFS Integration Platform – @@MISSINGFIELD@@: Question & Answer 16 for details.
- Wire up new Sync Orchestrator status with conflict management and migration console
- Make WITD/Field mapping explicit in the configuration
- Add aggregated fields feature to WIT custom setting. See TFS Integration Platform – Aggregated Fields: Question & Answer 17 for details.
- Wit adapter: add project-scope context to query base
- Fixes two problems in the SyncMonitorProvider implementation in the WIT adapters:
- Correctly issues the WIQL query with [TeamProject] == @Project
- Handles the case where the version string stored for a TFS work item has a string that’s not an integer (e.g. “Attachment”)
- Revised hands-on labs and documentation to align with codebase and to take advantage of new features.
- The following documentation has been revised:
- TFS Integration Platform – Architecture Overview
- TFS Integration Platform – Custom Adapter POC
- TFS Integration Platform – Getting Started
- TFS Integration Platform – Migration Guidance
- TFS Integration Platform – Planning Poster
In parallel we are making great progress at a number of migration proof-of-concepts, which are going to bring a wealth of features, administrative support and new adapter provider support to the platform. Watch the space!