The download packages, which can be found here, consist of three ZIP files containing a number of quick reference posters and quick reference sheets in XML Paper Specification (XPS) format:
- Visual Studio 2010 Quick Reference Guidance – Overview
- An overview of the guidance and focus areas, contained in one index table and overview quick reference poster.
- Visual Studio 2010 Quick Reference Guidance – Basic Guidance
- A collection of basic guidance sheets, focusing on the “what” are the key features and “why” to consider them.
- Visual Studio 2010 Quick Reference Guidance – Supporting Guidance
- A set of documents and quick reference posters, supporting the basic guidance sheets.
How should I unpack?
- Download the overview, the basic guidance and the supporting guidance packages.
- Unzip all three packages to the same location
- You should see the following structure:
- Refer to Visual Studio 2010 101 Guidance Material index.xps for an overview of what is where.
Where are the new posters?
The new posters are all included in the overview and supporting guidance packages.
What posters are there?
The following posters are included in this release:
- Team Foundation Server Planning Guidance Poster Capacity Planning.xps
- Team Foundation Server Planning Guidance Poster Deployment.xps
- Team Foundation Server Planning Guidance Poster Project Planning.xps
- Team Foundation Server Planning Guidance Poster Roles and Security.xps
- Visual Studio 2010 Test Architecture Poster.xps
- Visual Studio 2010 Test Planning Poster.xps
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers Projects Process and Scrum.xps
- Visual Studio 2010 101 Guidance Overview Chart.xps
- Visual Studio 2010 Editions Poster.xps