We recently asked the MVPs and Community Leads who are currently contributing to VSTS Rangers projects for input as to what is important to them and what we should consider as part of a recognition program.
We listened, analysed the feedback and are in the process of defining and acting upon what is perceived as important to “you”. The analysis resulted in a set of options which we offer to our champs to choose from.
The following two charts summarise the feedback:
Graph shows percentage of total votes submitted by MVPs and other respondents, per recognition category. 79% of respondents were MVPs and 21% other.
Graph shows the perceived importance per category for both the MVP and other respondents.
We listened, analysed the feedback and are in the process of defining and acting upon what is perceived as important to “you”.
- Send a recommendation letter to each contributor. Based on your preference, this letter can be forwarded to your company/manager. It can also be sent to your MVP lead in support of your annual renewal MVP re-nomination and/or nomination process.
- Notify the regional MVP leads of the recommendation, raising awareness of the VSTS Rangers solutions and contributions by the community.
- In terms of non-MVP contributors, grant each individual access to the VSTS Champs discussion alias.
- Add the VSTS Rangers project (name, description and contributors) to the upcoming VSTS Rangers landing and solutions details page on MSDN.
- Add the VSTS Rangers project (name, description and contributors) to our blog posts.
- These champions are typically contributors in a leading role, delivering immense levels of passion, energy, commitment and expertise.
We trust that the above options deliver the right level of recognition for the immense passion, energy and expertise that the contributors are investing in our VSTS Rangers projects.