I must admit, that I was no longer aware of this ranger initiative, until I started browsing the VSTS Rangers database and some bells are ringing in the far valleys below again. These posts on the VSTS Ranger projects are proving interesting for myself and I hope, that they are of value to you as well.
Today’s project is the “Load Test Report”, which also goes by the name “Microsoft Visual Studio Team System Load Test Reporting Sample” on Codeplex.
The project consists of two main deliverables:
- Set of stored procedures and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services reports for reporting on a load test result, with an ASP.NET application that allows you to easily delete load test runs from the database and set the analysis comment on test load runs.
- Hands-on lab (HOL) for the load test report generator with a Virtual PC (VPC) image.
The Ranger Project Goals
The goal of this initiative was to create a set of top requested load test reports and a load test report generator, which are essential for the business operations of a professional test center.
What have we covered to date?
These are the VSTS Ranger project posts to date:
- MOSS TFS Integration Customer Engagement – another ranger nugget!
- VSTS Rangers VSTT Cheat Sheets – another amazing ranger nugget!
- VSTS Ranger Projects – TFS Operations Guide
- VSTS Ranger Projects – Branching Guidance II
- VSTS Ranger Projects – WCF Load Test Tool
… watch the space for more Ranger initiatives, both current and forthcoming.