To collect the Log files to help us troubleshoot a Windows Update problem on Vista, follow these steps:
- Click here to download the GetWULogs.cmd command script, then click Save and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click the GetWULogs command script on your desktop, and then click Run As Administrator. Then click Run and click Continue.
- A command prompt window will open and copy some files to a Logs folder on your desktop.
- Right-click the Logs folder on your desktop, point to Send To and then click Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a Logs.zip compressed file on your desktop (folder icon with a zipper by default).
- Send me an e-mail and attach the Logs.zip file from your desktop.